The Kid Laroi disappointed thousands of fans on Friday when he canceled a major concert in Melbourne almost 40 minutes after he was supposed to take the stage.
And on Saturday, the 18-year-old star was forced to cancel his second show, with a statement revealing he had been diagnosed with the flu and needed to rest “on doctor’s orders”.
‘I love you all more than life itself, and it kills me to have to postpone [the second concert],’ he wrote.
Downer: The Kid Laroi, 18 (pictured) has been forced to cancel his second Melbourne gig after revealing he’s been diagnosed with the flu and needs to rest ‘on doctor’s orders’
“It’s my first time touring and I’m discovering a lot of new things about my body that I didn’t know before. I’m doing everything I can now to take care of myself and make sure I’m ready to come back. and give you all the show you deserve.
Laroi, real name Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, attempted to take the stage on Friday night in Melbourne but was unable to perform due to severe illness.
“I wanted to perform very badly, so we called the doctors and asked them to bring an IV and some extra stuff to try to help,” Laroi said in a social media post on Friday.
Sick: Laroi, real name Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, attempted to take the stage on Friday night in Melbourne but was unable to perform due to the severity of his illness
“As the night progressed, it got worse, to the point where it was difficult for me to get up and go to the bathroom.
“I was getting super dizzy and my body was super heavy. I promise you with all my heart that I gave it my all to try to get on stage tonight.
“It’s my very first tour and I absolutely hate that I had to do this, especially at the last minute because it’s not fair to you guys, but at the end of the day I have to put my health first and I I would be lying to you if I told you that I agreed to come and play for you.
Apology: The Kid Laroi issued an apology to fans after the canceled Melbourne concert on Friday
“I love you all more than anything and once again I’m so incredibly f**in sorry.”
The Instagram post then recounted how Laroi woke up on Friday feeling sick.
After testing negative twice for COVID, the artist performed a sound check on the site.
His condition deteriorated so badly, Laroi said, that doctors gave him an IV.
Attendees were frustrated that the singer waited until the show started to cancel the performance.
“Went to wait two hours for him to come out to cancel. Horrible and embarrassing,” one fan tweeted.
Devastated: The 18-year-old superstar rapper pulled out of the show at Rod Laver Arena, forty minutes after the scheduled start time, leaving the huge crowd devastated. Pictured: A fan responds after hearing Kid Laroi was unable to take the stage on Friday night
“Such a disappointment as it was my daughter’s 16th birthday. Saved up to drop her friend off, spend a night on the town. Now she has a lifelong disappointing memory, instead of a good night,’ another said.
‘Can you also refund the flights and accommodation I paid for. Just shit to cancel after he was supposed to come,’ someone else asked on the show.
He will play his rescheduled shows on June 10 and 12.
Upset: Footage from the concert showed an announcer came out and broke the bad news to the bewildered crowd