Entertainment

Cruz Beckham is the first family member to break silence after breaking into £40million mansion


Cruz Beckham was the first member of the Beckham family to return to social media after their west London home was robbed.

The thief made his way into a free upstairs bedroom of the £40million mansion in Holland Park and ransacked the place while David, Victoria and her 10-year-old daughter, Harper, relaxed in low without knowing it.

The break-in, on February 28, was only discovered when 17-year-old Cruz came home from a night out and came across the upturned bedroom and spotted broken glass from a window on the floor.

Clip: Cruz Beckham was the first member of the Beckham family to return to social media after their west London home was burglarized with a video of himself relaxing in a hoodie

Cruz took to his Instagram Stories hours after the news broke and shared a playful TikTok video of himself relaxing in a gray hoodie.

This was quickly followed by his older brother Romeo who shared a photo of him wearing a black printed t-shirt, gray track bottoms and a pair of sunglasses.

Neither David nor Victoria have yet broken their silence on the burglary.

David reportedly called 999 and proceeded to search the mansion for the burglar with Cruz, while Harper stayed with Victoria and waited for the police.

Break-in: The thief forced his way into a vacant upstairs room at the £40million mansion in Holland Park and ransacked the place while David, Victoria and his 10-year-old daughter, Harper, ransacked are relaxed down below without knowing it.

Break-in: The thief forced his way into a free upstairs room at the £40million mansion in Holland Park and ransacked the place while David, Victoria and his 10-year-old daughter, Harper, ransacked are relaxed down below without knowing it.

Snap: This was quickly followed by his older brother Romeo who shared a photo of him wearing a black printed t-shirt, gray tracksuit bottoms and a pair of sunglasses

Snap: This was quickly followed by his older brother Romeo who shared a photo of him wearing a black printed t-shirt, gray tracksuit bottoms and a pair of sunglasses

The burglar is believed to have been part of a gang that targeted at least two other homes in the area the same night.

The Met confirmed it was investigating and no arrests had been made.

A source close to the family told The Sun: ‘Unfortunately the Beckhams have fallen victim to fairly professional thieves who operate in the area.

“Fortunately, the criminals only reached one bedroom before fleeing.”

The family was reportedly “shaken” by the burglary, but no one was hurt.

The intruder allegedly climbed over the door at the front of the house, made his way to the property, then broke in through the guest bedroom window. Police are said to be reviewing CCTV footage.

Horrifying: The break-in on February 28 was only discovered when 17-year-old Cruz came home from a night out and came across the overturned bedroom and spotted broken glass from a window on the floor (the Beckham's house pictured)

Horrifying: The break-in on February 28 was only discovered when 17-year-old Cruz came home from a night out and came across the overturned bedroom and spotted broken glass from a window on the floor (the Beckham’s house pictured)

The thief got away with thousands of designer clothes, accessories and electrical appliances stored in the room – but didn’t hang around any longer.

Two other properties were also targeted, including a neighboring house which the thieves found empty once inside, and another house on the same street which the burglars were unable to break into.

A Met spokesman said: ‘Police were called at 12.37am on Tuesday March 1 to a report of a burglary at a residential address in the W11 area of ​​Kensington.

“The burglary allegedly took place between 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. on Monday February 28.

“A number of items have been reported stolen. No arrests have been made. Investigations are ongoing.

Ordeal: David, 46 (right), allegedly called 999 and proceeded to search the mansion for the burglar with Cruz (left), while Harper (centre right) stayed with Victoria, 47 , and waited for the police (Brooklyn center left)

Ordeal: David, 46 (right), allegedly called 999 and proceeded to search the mansion for the burglar with Cruz (left), while Harper (centre right) stayed with Victoria, 47 , and waited for the police (Brooklyn center left)

The raid comes just weeks after Posh and Becks won planning permission to renovate their Holland Park mansion, parts of which had been cordoned off as it began to crumble.

Images of the property obtained exclusively by TSWT show the Grade II listed property being held up by props before work begins.

The couple have obtained permission from the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to repair their historic back patio and staircase, which has become too dangerous to use.

Beckham’s design and access statement revealed its intention to “reinstate the terrace, which is considered structurally unsound, on a similar basis”.

The statement also says the family is no longer using the patio which has structural damage from age, water seepage, cracking and frost chipping.

Theft: The thief got away with thousands of designer clothes, accessories and electrical appliances stored in the room - but didn't hang around any longer (Victoria pictured with her children)

Theft: The thief got away with thousands of designer clothes, accessories and electrical appliances stored in the room – but didn’t hang around any longer (Victoria pictured with her children)

Wooden props and supports were installed to provide temporary support to prevent collapse and any loss of the buildings original features – including damage to the original cast iron balustrades.

The statement reads: ‘A structural engineer has inspected the terrace and recommended repairs and renewal work on a similar basis.’

According to the photos attached to the application, the roof terrace, which is collapsing in places, is supported by metal poles to prevent it from collapsing.

The project is overseen by Soho House architect Michael Ergatoudis, who was also in charge of the house’s previous renovations and their retreat to the Cotswolds.

Home: The raid comes just weeks after Posh and Becks won planning permission to renovate their Holland Park mansion, parts of which had been cordoned off as it began to crumble

Home: The raid comes just weeks after Posh and Becks won planning permission to renovate their Holland Park mansion, parts of which had been cordoned off as it began to crumble

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.