Entertainment

Channel 10’s breakfast show failed to get viewers in one big city


Channel 10’s struggling new breakfast program 10 News First: Breakfast has hit an all-time low.

The 30-minute broadcast, hosted by Lachlan Kennedy and Natasha Exelby, took another plunge last Wednesday when it failed to draw a single viewer in the major city of Perth, according to OzTAM figures.

Perth, with a population of 2.1 million, is one of the five major metropolitan demographics used to gauge the popularity of Australian programs.

Channel 10’s beleaguered breakfast show failed to get a single viewer in Perth – with a population of 2.1 million – during its broadcast last Wednesday. (Pictured: Hosts Natasha Exelby and Lachlan Kennedy)

10 News First: Breakfast has struggled to gain momentum since its June 27 launch, having recently set a new record for worst ratings program in Australian TV history

Despite the crushingly low ratings, Ten remained optimistic, telling The Australian on Monday: “10 News First: Breakfast edition retains its audience and increases engagement as viewers become more familiar with the timeslot.”

An OzTAM spokesperson also told The Australian that the disastrous result can be attributed to the use of “minor underlying viewing samples.”

The struggling program took another plunge last Wednesday when it failed to draw a single viewer in the large city of Perth, according to OzTAM figures. (Photo left: Lachlan Kennedy; right: Natasha Exelby)

It’s the latest in a series of crushing blows to Ten’s new breakfast offerings.

During the first five days of the broadcast, the 8 p.m. broadcast averaged 17,000 viewers in the five major cities, but this dropped to just 15,000 per day by week two.

The show managed to achieve its lowest ever ratings in Australian TV history on its second day, after only 44 viewers from Sydney.

During the first five days of the broadcast, the 8 p.m. broadcast averaged 17,000 viewers in the five major cities, but this dropped to just 15,000 a day by week two.

During the first five days of the broadcast, the 8 p.m. broadcast averaged 17,000 viewers in the five major cities, but this dropped to just 15,000 a day by week two.

On the same day, the national broadcast in Perth attracted only 224 viewers.

On another day in week two, the program clocked in at just 43 viewers in Perth and 557 in Melbourne.

However, a Channel 10 spokesperson told The Australian last month that the network was happy with the results.

It comes after Channel 10 categorically denied rumors that Studio 10 was on the chopping block.  (Pictured: Hosts Sarah Harris and Tristan MacManus)

It comes after Channel 10 categorically denied rumors that Studio 10 was on the chopping block. (Pictured: Hosts Sarah Harris and Tristan MacManus)

Network 10 is pleased to announce the launch of 10 News First: Breakfast. It has increased the time slot average of 2022 by 13 percent in the first week.”

Ten dropped the first half hour of Studio 10 and replaced it with the new morning bulletin last month.

It comes after Channel 10 denied rumors that Studio 10 was on the chopping block.

But a 10 spokesperson dismissed the speculation, telling Daily Mail Australia that the program remains profitable and is not going anywhere

But a 10 spokesperson dismissed the speculation, telling Daily Mail Australia that the program remains profitable and is not going anywhere

The morning show has struggled with ratings for years, now that The Australian reports that there are now fears within the network that it may soon face the axe.

But a spokesperson dismissed the speculation, telling Daily Mail Australia that the program remains profitable and is not going anywhere.

This isn’t the first time Channel 10 has gone into damage control after a breakfast TV show spectacularly flopped.

The station’s latest attempt at a breakfast show, Wake Up, was canceled in 2014 after only six months on the air.

The program was launched in November 2013 to compete with Channel Seven’s Sunrise and Channel Nine’s Today show, but it failed miserably.

Channel 10's latest attempt at a breakfast show, Wake Up, was canceled in 2014 after six months on the air.  Pictured: James Mathison (left), Natarsha Belling (center), and Natasha Exelby (right)

Channel 10’s latest attempt at a breakfast show, Wake Up, was canceled in 2014 after six months on the air. Pictured: James Mathison (left), Natarsha Belling (center), and Natasha Exelby (right)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.